OÜ Saviton is one of the descendants of the former Tallinn Construction Ceramics Manufacture (TEKT), planned in 1949 and started producing bricks in 1956.
In the beginning, the company operated in the ceramic tile manufacture workshops rented from AS TEKT and first used in 1960 and 1980.
- 1992 – A group of TEKT workers form AS SAVITON.
- 1993 – In January the company is registered in the national business register.
- 1994 – The entire tile manufacturing facility along with the aid buildings is privatised.
- 1996 – Production of ceramic stove tiles is launched.
- 1997 – Production of ceramic tiles is ended.
- 2003 – The public limited company is reformed into a private limited company.
OÜ Saviton belongs 100% to Estonian citizens.